Sunday, December 18, 2011

Filoli Spring Opening

2011 Filoli Daffodil Display
       I was excited to receive the Filoli bi-monthly newsletter last week because it announced their opening day celebrations called "Daffodil Daydreams".  Yippee Daffodils! I can imagine how great the daffodils smell from the pictures. Apparently Filoli is the largest ADS (American Daffodil Society) Display Garden in the West. Click on the link to see the events schedule Filoli Spring Opening Event
 
The Saturday events look like fun to me. Bob Spots will give a talk - I'll have to stop by with my official ADS National show pin and maybe do a little name dropping till he recognizes me.

"Not Just that Yellow Flower Anymore Bob Spotts, President of the Northern California Daffodil Society (NCDS) and Nancy Tucket, NCDS Member. Bob shares his experience and gives helpful tips for growing daffodils in the Bay Area."

There is also a flower arranging demonstration I'd like to attend.
"Demo: Flower Arranging with Seasonal Blooms."

So, if you are around the Bay Area Saturday February 25th let me know if you'd like to go with me. I have a free ticket.

In other news I received a huge bag of Paper White bulbs (white star shaped clusters of Daffodils) as a present. Lets see if I can force my first bulb! I'm so excited because I think these smell amazing. Well to be fare they all smell amazing to me. *sigh* It's only December a good time to read books and dream about spring flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment