Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pregnant Onions



      Happy New Year! It seems appropriate for my first post of the year to be something monumental. I was planning this post for a few months now. Well actually 18 weeks as my doctor will tell me tomorrow. Like this plant I too am pregnant! It is very exciting- much more exciting than an onion creating a baby- and probably more dramatic too. I don't think Mama Onion got the wonderful experience of nausea.

     In celebration of making it to the second trimester and as a little experiment, I "birthed" one of the little baby onions then planted it in some new soil. I think these onions have a dramatic look about them. Plus they don't require much maintenance. One day I'll give one away as a present if my little guys grow big.
Mama Onion carrying her babies

The babies before planting

      Now I guess I'm part of what's growing in the garden. And I am growing very quickly this past week. I am so grateful for the maternity clothes from my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment