Tuesday, March 20, 2012

White Blooms in Filoli

      I love going through the Filoli garden with people as much as I do going solo.  My favorite is on days like last Saturday when it looks like it should rain and everyone stays home leaving me to wander and daydream by myself. Here are some pictures of what inspired me while wandering around with by myself. (And of course little Baby Boo in utero).


"The Wedding Place"

   This last visit I was inspired by some magnificent white blooming trees and tulips in Filoli. I think it was the stark contrast the white blooms had against the dark gloomy sky that really made the white look spectacular. It was magical. This was the first time this year I saw the trees blooming around "The Wedding Place". It is the only area on a diagonal on the entire grounds. There was one wedding held here- and the colors were all white and green. It's not hard to imagine how simple and beautiful it was.

Blooming in White around the wedding place


 
 Seeing all these tress in bloom has me considering planting one for my own garden. However, I'm not sure where I could put it. Also the blooms would be short lived with most of the year either green or sticks (more racking). I think if anything I will purchase and plant a Camilia tree. It is my "birthday flower", has a long period of blooming, and has evergreen leaves. So, I am pretty much decided on a nice Camilia.

   Also very nice is the field of Daffodils. Usually I go to Murphy's over St. Patrick's day weekend and meet my parents for the Northern California Daffodil show. This year my parents decided and I decided not to go. But, I got a fill of Daffys to keep me happy.

Daffodil Field with blooming apple trees







It was cold!







     And to appease the masses here are some pictures of myself with my beginning of third trimester bump. I propped up the camera and took these of myself. Eek.

Birds were signing (or laughing) to me
Inside the best smelling "garden house"
Pink Camilia blooming behind me.
 I am considering making myself this t-shirt because conversations have become repetative.

1. I am 6 months pregnant
2. The Dr.s tell me it will be a girl
3. I am due the first week of June
4. Strangers asking to touch my stomach kinda weirds me out. ... But great if you are a friend or family!


No comments:

Post a Comment